The Texas Warriors Hockey Club provides the following information regarding the 2023-24 season so that players and their families are provided with as much information as possible prior to making travel hockey commitments. This is in accordance with TAHA’s Financial Disclosure Policy for all travel associations within the affiliate.
Per policy, 2023-2024 Financial Disclosure Includes:
(1) The amount required to be paid to the organization by a player making the team, payment options available and any additional fees or discounts related to each payment option.
(2) Disclosure of any additional amounts that will be owed to the organization, the team or a third-party by a player making the team, including, but not limited to, such items as jerseys, apparel, team fees, coach travel costs, off-ice training and any other items.
(3) The amount of ice practices to be received by the team for the season.
(4) Details regarding the off-ice training programming for the team, including the provider of the training and the frequency and length of the off-ice training.
(5) The estimated number of games the team will play.
(6) The approximate number of out-of-town trips the team will make during the season.
Club Fees are the amount paid to Texas Warriors after making the team, which generally covers expenses that include, but are not limited to: practice ice, practice jerseys, home games, coach salaries, league fees, two local tournament fees, officials, scorekeepers, etc. Club fees do not cover additional items such as team fees, additional off-ice training, uniforms, apparel & spirit wear items, player/family travel, etc.
Team fees are amounts paid to the individual team for any items not covered by the Club Fee, including, but not limited to, coach(es) official team travel, out of town tournament fees, team equipment, additional ice purchases, and team parties or functions.
NOTE: All League teams are required to participate in the DSTHL-approved Labor Day Tournament, run by the Dallas Stars and therefore, the team entry fee for this tournament is included in the Club Fee. The DSTHL strongly recommends each team participate in at least one additional tournament run by the Dallas Stars. This additional local tournament, as well as out-of-town tournaments are determined by the Coach and Team once practices begin the initial team meeting and will be included in the Team Fee.
Apparel Fees are the amount paid to Texas Warriors’ vendor to purchase all required uniform items. For example, but not limited to: jerseys, breezer shells, socks, helmets, gloves, bags, warmups, workout clothes or items, and any other item required to be purchased.
NOTE: Required Apparel Fee may be lower for returning players who choose to use gear from previous season, or higher if additional apparel items are required.
In most cases, player travel is expected to be covered by each family, separately from the Club and Team Fees. DSTHL Regular Season travel is determined post-scheduling meeting in September, prior to the start of the Regular Season.
NOTE: The Texas Warriors may offer Club & Team fundraising opportunities throughout the season, which is designed specifically for the benefit of each of our Texas Warriors teams and their players/families to help offset cost associated with Team Fees and Player Travel.
TEXAS WARRIORS HOCKEY CLUB PROVIDES TWO PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR PLAYER REGISTRATION FEES:
• FOR THE PAYMENT PLAN OPTION, THE FIRST $1,000 OF THE PLAYER REGISTRATION FEE IS DEEMED TO BE THE REGISTRATION DEPOSIT FEE FOR PURPOSES OF THE CONTRACT OFFER. CONTRACTS WILL NOT BE COMPLETED WITHOUT PAYMENT OF THE REQUIRED $1,000 REGISTRATION DEPOSIT FEE.
OPTION 1 - Full Payment upon Contract Offer Acceptance
Option 1 requires full payment of the player registration fees at Contract Offer acceptance. Payment can be in the form of Credit Card, Check or Cash.
• THE FOLLOWING OPTION REQUIRES A $1,000 REGISTRATION DEPOSIT FEE UPON CONTRACT OFFER ACCEPTANCE.
OPTION 2 - Partial - Four (4) Payment Plan
Option 2 requires a $1,000 Registration Deposit Fee upon Contract Offer acceptance. The remaining payments under Option 2 are due September 15th, 2023**, October 15th, 2023**, November 15th, 2023** and December 15th, 2023**.
** PAYMENTS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY RUN ON THE DATES SHOWN ABOVE.
• THE $1,000 REGISTRATION DEPOSIT FEE MUST BE PAID UPON CONTRACT OFFER ACCEPTANCE. CONTRACTS WILL NOT BE COMPLETED WITHOUT THE DEPOSIT FEE.
• A 10 PERCENT PER CHILD DISCOUNT IS AVAILABLE FOR THOSE FAMILIES WITH TWO (2) OR MORE CHILDREN PLAYING FOR THE TEXAS WARRIORS. IF YOUR PLAYERS ARE TRYING OUT ON DIFFERENT WEEKS, PLEASE SEE A WARRIORS REPRESENTATIVE TO VERIFY PROCEDURE
• ALL 2023-2024 SEASON ASSOCIATION REGISTRATION AND TEAM RELATED FEES MUST BE PAID-IN-FULL BY DECEMBER 15, 2023.