THE 15TH ANNUAL TEXAS SHOOTOUT HOSTED BY DALLAS STARS TOURNAMENTS BEGINS SATURDAY!
SEPTEMBER 2-4, 2017
Texas Shootout Participants -
As everyone is aware, the City of Houston and surrounding areas are severely impacted by Hurricane Harvey. The outpouring of support from all tournament participants is, as always, truly incredible. Please continue to keep all Houstonians and especially those affected by this disaster in your thoughts and prayers.
The Dallas Stars organization has remained in constant contact with the Houston Wild and Houston Hurricanes Association leadership over the last several days. As of yesterday afternoon, we have received confirmation that eight of the nine Houston Wild teams and all three of the Houston Hurricane teams are expected to participate in the tournament, provided the conditions continue to improve and it is safe to travel.
At present, only the 18U AA – Long Branch division is impacted (18U AA Houston Wild team will not be participating) and resulting schedule changes are reflected online and have been communicated to all 18U AA – Long Branch division teams.
As always, any additional updates will be communicated as needed.
Below are details concerning the tournament schedule and operations. Please take a few moments to review the information and communicate with your teams accordingly.
- COACHES & TEAM MANAGERS | Dallas Stars Tournament Staff will be available at the Dr Pepper StarCenter in McKinney on Friday, Sept. 1 from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM to answer any questions related to the Labor Day weekend event and provide information regarding all tournaments in the Dallas Stars Extreme Tournament Series.
- TOURNAMENT OPERATIONS | Tournament Game Schedules, Standings and Rules & Regulations can be accessed via the links below:
- FINAL / CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES | Final Games will be played on Monday, September 4th. Championship game schedules can be found under the “Last Teams Standing” division and/or accessed via the link below:
- TEAM ROSTERS | If you have not submitted the Excel roster template or your official 1T roster in .pdf form (via the link provided), please do so by end of day today. Final roster verification and upload to HockeyShift for player/team stats & standings is in-progress and will be completed by Sept. 1.
- TOURNAMENT APPAREL | A limited quantity of the same high-quality tournament apparel items that were available for pre-order will also be available for purchase during the tournament. All participants are encouraged to stop by the Dr Pepper StarCenter – McKinney from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM on Friday, September 1st and throughout the day on Saturday, September 2nd to shop our selections. Apparel items ordered in advance of the tournament may also be picked up at the McKinney StarCenter during these times.
- TEAM CHECK-IN | Player gift bags will be left at the rink where your first game will be played. When you arrive at the rink for the first game please check in at the front desk. There you will receive gift bags to distribute to each of the players on your team.
- TEAM INTERVIEWS | Following each game, Dallas Stars Tournaments will have a camera and interviewer available to capture an interview with the 1st Star of the game. These videos will be uploaded to the tournament website once the tournament weekend concludes. If your team wins and does not have a player selected for an interview, please ask someone at the front desk.
We look forward to seeing everyone on the ice this weekend!
D A L L A S S T A R S T O U R N A M E N T S